6 Questions That Will Answer 'What Are Your Growth Opportunities?'
Everyone is unique and has to forge their own way.
What's the best way to discover what I want to do and identify growth opportunities? originally appeared on Quora, the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
There is no exact path when it comes to establishing your career or becoming a business owner. Everyone is unique and has to forge their own way. Here are some simple steps, however, to help you begin the process:
* Consider your strengths, weaknesses, skills and interests. What positions and industries might be a good match for them? How might you put your many talents to the best use?
* Ask yourself what you are passionate about and what type of careers might align with those passions? Doing something that you feel strongly about will lead to a profession that you are much more likely to stick with for the long haul.
* Brainstorm about your dream job and what steps you would need to take to make it a reality.
* Think about your goals and what you hope to accomplish. Put another way, determine your why. What do you want to achieve, contribute, and gain?
* Decide whether you want to own your own business or work for someone else. This single decision alone will take you down one of two different paths that may be a better fit for you.
* Talk it through with someone else. Find a mentor or someone that you trust and discuss your dreams and goals with them. Through conversation, you will work together to identify and take steps forward to lead you to the right career path for you.
This question originally appeared on Quora.
Photo Credit: Jirsak/Getty Images