What are the best activities for relaxation for someone who doesn’t enjoy meditation? originally appeared on Quora, the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
Because of our fast-paced world, relaxation is so critical! We need to reset, rewind, and regroup from time to time. Don’t worry, if you don’t enjoy meditation, you can still find many ways to relax.
Here are some of my favorite:
• Give yourself a time out. Sometimes you just need to take a break whether that is for twenty minutes or twenty days.
• Change your scenery. It can be something as simple as changing rooms or going on an extended vacation. Mixing it up is great for relaxing your mind.
• Go for a walk or run. Whenever I go for a walk or take a pilates class, my mindset becomes so much more relaxed after I finish.
• Lie down and shut your eyes. It’s helpful to tune out all of the many distractions around you. Try to block them out by closing your eyes and silencing your mind.
• Disconnect from your devices. Checking our devices frequently causes more stress and anxiety. Put your phone in timeout for a while and watch your mood improve.
• Do something artistic. For me, painting, coloring or drawing can really help me relax. Artistic activities divert your mind from the day-to-day.
• Try a new hobby. By engaging in something new that you enjoy, you can get your mind out of your everyday worries and into the relaxation zone.
This question originally appeared on Quora.
Photo Credit: Image Credit/Unsplash