There are a number of areas that are vital for us to attend to in terms of work-life integration. They include our business/professional, our family and personal, our spiritual and intellectual, and our health and well-being needs. Here are some steps we can use to create a work-life integration plan:
* Identify your business and professional goals. What are they? What time do you want to dedicate to them each day? What time will you spend working each day? What do you hope to accomplish in the long run? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What steps will it take to make it happen?
* Identify your family and personal goals. What are they? What is important to you in terms of quality time with your family and/or those people that are special to you? How and where can you fit everything in? What social groups do you want to be a part of? What other things do you hope to make time for?
* Identify your spiritual and intellectual needs. Is it important to you to attend religious activities or events? Do you enjoy meditation and continuous learning? It’s essential to feed yourself spiritually and intellectually so ensure that you have a plan to make sure that those things that are high on your spiritual/intellectual priority list are happening.
* Identify your health and fitness goals. Do you have a fitness routine? Are you getting enough sleep every night? Are you eating healthy foods and taking care of yourself? The better you feel, the better you will thrive in all areas of your life so make a solid plan.
* Create a realistic schedule for each of your goals. Where can you fit each of them in? How can you make them a part of your day-to-day routine? What changes do you need to make and how can you integrate them?
* Check in with yourself in terms of progress. No one is going to take ownership of your work-life balance, so you need to make it a priority and check in with yourself to ensure that you are making it a reality.
This question originally appeared on Quora.
Photo Credit: AlSimonov/Unsplash